I am always in search of trying out new chicken recipes so that preparing the same favorite one’s should not make us bored with it being a routine and the favorite should not turn un-favorite.
This time I thought of trying out chicken 65 at home. Recently we had it at food court, while we were there over a Sunday with one of relative’s family. Before a few days we had a chance to try out fish 65. My husband cherished both. So I decided to try out the chicken version at home this Sunday. Fish 65 can also be prepared in the same way using fish fillet of preferably white fish like tilapia.
- 250 gms boneless chicken, cut into small pieces, cleaned and washed
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Pinch of red food color
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 egg
- Oil for deep-frying and also for stir fry
- 4-5 green chilies, slit
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2-3 big garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and salt as per taste. Keep aside for 15-20 mins.
- In a bowl, mix cornflour, all-purpose flour, red color, Kashmiri chili powder, pepper powder, pinch of salt and egg.
- Add the chicken pieces and coat them well.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces.
- Remove on an absorbent paper towel.
- In a pan, heat a tbsp or two of olive oil.
- On a high flame, sauté green chillies, chopped garlic and curry leaves.
- Once they turn slight brown, add the fried chicken pieces.
- To this, add the yoghurt and red chili sauce. Mix well and sauté till the yoghurt is cooked well.
- Yummy chicken 65 is ready to be served hot.