Weekends are mostly dedicated to chicken dishes in our home. I am always in search of some new different chicken recipe. Hot and spicy is our usual preference.
While going through some food posts, I noticed one of my friends had posted a chicken curry. The presentation of the dish was indeed very tempting. This recipe is shared by her with me. It’s not that spicy but creamy thus breaking our usual monotony.
- 350-500 g chicken, cleaned and cut into medium-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 green chilli, slit
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- few sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped
- Marinate chicken with salt, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder. Keep aside for 30 mins
- Heat a tspn of oil in a sauce pan. Fry the chicken pieces on high flame till little brown and keep aside. I then pressure cooked the chicken for 2-3 whistles. But you can skip pressure cooking.
- In the same pan, add cloves, bay leaf, cardamom and turmeric. Mix well.
- Then add the onion and ginger-garlic paste and saute.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then grind in a blender using yoghurt.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining oil. To this add the green chilli, yoghurt mix and saute.
- Then add the chicken, coriander powder, pepper powder, sugar and salt. Mix well and allow it to boil.
- Then add the kasuri methi and coriander leaves.