In Goa, the place in India where I belong, rather than chapati or roti, Goans prefer eating pao (bread buns or rolls) with chicken gravy. Though now a days, many have moved to adjusting with roti or chapati due to the rising fare of pao in bakeries.
So out of habit, whenever I decide to prepare any spicy chicken curry, we plan to buy bread loaf or rolls. If none is available we settle down for slice bread which is always there at home. Slice bread is like a savior in need of calamity ;).
This once we had bought multigrain baguette. Being quite long enough, much of it had left over. How to finish it off was a question I was thinking of answering quickly.I usually have shredded mozzarella cheese readily available in my freezer. So decided to make Cheese garlic bread taking garlic bread recipe from madhura’s recipe as the base.
- 1 Baguette or few bread slices
- around 4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- pinch of salt
- shredded mozzarella cheese for garnish
- Cut the baguette into slices or if you are using bread slices, cut them into triangle shape.
- In a bowl, mix all rest of the ingredients except bread. Instead of minced garlic cloves, you can even add ginger garlic paste.
- Take a slice of bread and apply the butter mix. I prefer applying on both the sides of the slice.
- Arrange the buttered slices on an oven tray. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on each of the slice.
- Bake these slices in an oven pre-heated at 400 F for around 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.