I wanted to prepare something different from usual yet spicy. Had just gone through a video recently that share this recipe but I liked to try it out with few changes suiting our taste and the availability of ingredients readily available at home.
- 500 gms chicken, cut, cleaned and marinated with salt and turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 pieces of half-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 dry red chillies
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 green chillies, slit
- salt as per taste
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
- Grind peppercorns, fennel seeds and cumin seeds to fine powder
- In a pan, heat oil. Once hot add the cloves, cinnamon, red chillies.
- Saute for a minute.Then add the onion and saute till transparent.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute till its rawness is lost.
- Next add the green chillies, ground spice powder, curry leaves and mix well.
- Add the chicken, salt as per taste and mix well.
- Cover and cook till the chicken is soft. Do not add any water as the chicken will cook in its own moisture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot as appetizer.