The recipe is inspired from hebbers kitchen and yields pizza sauce good enough for 2-3 medium sized pizzas.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder or paprika
- 1/2 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water. Allow to boil till the skin starts to leave.
- Once cooled, peel the skin of the tomatoes.
- Purée 3 tomatoes in a blender and chop the remaining 3 discarding the seeds.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add the garlic and sauté till brown.
- Then add the chopped onion and sauté till transparent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy. Mash in between if required.
- Add the tomato purée, sugar, chili flakes, herbs, chili powder, ketchup and salt.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Pizza sauce is ready.
Cheese stuffed garlic bread has been our favorite even back in India. Now that I have my new kitchen gadget the stand mixer, bread recipes or baking is always on my mind.
Taking garlic bread recipe shared by hebber’s kitchen as the base and alternating or adjusting few ingredients readily available at home instead of the one’s mentioned, this happens to my tried, tested and relished version. Yum yum
- 1/3 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp mixed herbs
- oil for coating
Garlic butter :
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp red chili flakes
Other ingredients :
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese,shredded
- flour for dusting and rolling
- Mix the yeast salt and sugar in warm milk and allow it to stand for 5 mins or till frothy.
- In the flour, add garlic powder, mixed herbs, butter and the frothy yeast mixture and knead into a soft dough.
- Coat with oil and allow the dough to rest for 2 hours. Keep the dough bowl covered with damp cloth. The dough will double up.
- Mix together all the ingredients of garlic butter.
- Dust the countertop with flour and punch the dough for 5 mins.
- Spread or roll out the dough into a thick circular disk.
- Apply a layer of garlic butter on the dough using a brush.
- Then sprinkle the cheese on half the side and cover the cheese with remaining half of dough making a semi-circle or fold into half.
- Properly seal the edges.
- Brush the remaining butter on the top.
- Using a knife give slight cuts on the bread so that once it bakes you get slices formation.
- Bake for 15 mins or till slight brown in an oven preheated at 350 F.