Chicken Manchow Soup has always been our all time favorite. This piping hot chinese soup served with fried noodles tastes delicious.
- 3-4 strips of boneless chicken, boiled and shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 4-5 small bulbs of spring onion, finely chopped
- spring onion greens, chopped (for garnish)
- 1/2 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 piece of small cabbage , shredded
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a wok, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, green chili.
- Once the garlic turns a little brown, add the onion. Saute for a minute.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and capsicum. Mix and saute.
- Add pepper powder, soya sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar and mix.
- Then add the shredded chicken pieces and mix.
- In a small bowl, mix cornflour in 1/2 cup chicken stock (out of the 4 cups). Stir well to avoid lump formation and keep aside.
- Add the remaining chicken stock to the saucepan.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Once the soup comes to boil, add around 4 tbsp of cornflour mixture. Allow the soup to thicken. If you need thicker consistency, you can add a little more cornflour mixture. ( I added around 6 tbsp of cornflour mixture).
- Keep stirring so that the cornflour doesn’t settle down. Check the seasoning.
- Add the beaten egg to the soup, while stirring the soup continuously.
- Garnish the soup with spring onion greens.
- Enjoy the soup piping hot with fried boiled noodles.