Rice has always been my favorite. I prefer having rice in my main meals over having bread. I always liked Chinese fried rice specially the one an aunt of mine prepared.
I usually prepare it for my hubby’s lunch box on Monday as it’s like one pot meal and filling.
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 12-15 french beans, chopped
- Medium carrot, finely chopped
- Medium capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 stalks spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- Salt as per taste
- In a wok, heat oil. All cooking needs to be done on high flame.
- Sauté the garlic till brown.
- Then sauté the onion till transparent. Add little salt as it aids in faster cooking.
- Then add the other veggies – French beans, carrot, capsicum and cabbage. Sauté well for few minutes.
- Now add the five spice powder, soya sauce, vinegar and salt as per taste.
- Also add the cooked rice, spring onion greens and toss well till all is mixed well.
- Veg fried rice is ready to be served hot.