My mum always prepared scrambled eggs or anda bhurji in a simple manner with little masala. However as an adult, I really cherished the anda bhurji sold at small roadside stalls. But they used too much of oil which could be handled once in a while. When in Pune, I had a cook at home who provided me some help in kitchen keeping in mind my busy work schedule. She prepared just a sabji and rotis but that also was much helpful. She prepared the bhurji in a slightly different manner than the way my mum did. I am sharing this recipe which I follow and is a mix of multiple recipes.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- In a pan, heat oil with butter.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Once it flutters, add the onion, green chillies and saute till onion is transparent.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the rawness is lost.
- Now add the tomatoes and allow to cook.
- Then add the masala – turmeric, red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and salt as per taste.
- Now add the eggs and whisk through the cooked masala-veggie mix.
- Cook till whisking continuously till the eggs are cooked and mixture is dry.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with bread or chapatis.