I am pizza fan for quite a long time now but am very fuzzy about the toppings. Also I like it to be a cheese overload with cheese oozing out from all sides. However most pizza specializing outlets sell pizzas in larger sizes which happen too much for th two of us – my hubby and me.
So we had been avoiding visits to pizza shops. But that’s not a solution. I just wanted to have a cheese burst pizza dominos style so decided to try it out myself at home. The attempt was a success and we both enjoyed the pizza.
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough
- 1 small tub cheese spread (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup green, yellow, red, orange bell peppers, julienned
- 2-3 button mushrooms, sliced
- Zip lock bag
You can include more variety of veggies like olives, jalapeños, etc
- Roll the dough into a log and divide into two equal parts. One part makes one medium-sized pizza.
- Take one half and divide it in such way that one is slightly bigger than other (like 2/3 and 1/3).
- Grease baking tray with oil and pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Take the bigger dough piece and roll it into a thin disc. Place this on the greased tray and keep it covered for 10 mins.
- Roll the other piece into a thin disc as well. Roast this very lightly on a tawa.
- Put half the cheese spread in a ziplock bag or piping bag and cut the tip.
- Pipe out the cheese spread on the roasted disc leaving the edges. Spread if required.
- Invert this on the other disc that was kept covered such that the cheese applied side faces the other disc and is at the center.
- Now pipe out the a cheese border along the edge of the roasted disc.
- Then use the edge of the larger uncooked disc to cover and seal the piped out cheese.
- Apply around half a cup of the pizza sauce on the prepared pizza base.
- Next as per your liking put the cheese or veggies first. I put 1/4 of the shredded cheese.
- Then sprinkled the veggies and over which spread another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 10-15 min.