This recipe is passed on to me by my mum. It’s nothing but sooji halwa or semolina dessert in cake or loaf form. I have always relished this since my childhood. So would like to share it with you.
- 2 – 3 medium-sized bananas
- 1 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 1 cup semolina (sooji)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- salt as per taste
- Heat ghee in a pan. Once hot, roast the semolina till slightly roasted but take care it doesn’t turn brown.
- In a mixie, mash banana with sugar.
- Once the semolina is cooled, add the mashed banana sugar mix into the roasted semolina.
- Try to remove the left over banana mix from blender blending the milk. Then add this milk into the semolina.
- Now add the cardamom powder, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the contents into it.
- Bake this in an oven preheated at 350 F for around 25-30 mins or till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Enjoy the cake for dessert or snack time.