I am not quite fond of vegetable starters. Howeve, I had some store bought paneer at home and wanted to use it up. So decided to try out some starters while we had friends coming to our place for Christmas and we had arranged a small get together.
Let’s directly jump to the recipe.
- 400 g paneer
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- juice of half lemon
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Oil and butter for brushing and frying
- Cut the paneer chunk into cubes and the veggies – onion, peppers into quarters.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the rest of the ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Then add the cut paneer and veggies and mix well till they are well coated with the marinade however taking care not to break the paneer pieces.
- Allow to stand for at least 30 mins. At the same time soak wooden skewers in water for 30 mins.
- Pass the veggies and paneer pices through a skewer by alternating a vegetable piece by a paneer piece.
- In a pan, heat little oil and butter. Place the skewers on the pan.
- Keeping turning them until cooked or become char on each side.
- Serve hot with green chutney.