Methi Thepla is one of our favorite bread dish enjoyed for breakfast or snacks. It is also a good food option to carry while travelling.
It is healthy as well as quick to prepare.
- 1 bunch of Fenugreek or Methi leaves, sorted, washed, dried, finely chopped
- 1 medium boiled potato, grated
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1/8 tsp carrom seeds (ajavain)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp sabji masala (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp warm oil
- ghee for roasting
- water for kneading
- wheat flour for dusting
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix till well combined.
- Using water as required, knead into a soft dough.
- Coat the dough with a thin layer of oil and allow it to rest at least for 30 mins. While keeping it to rest cover it.
- Divide the dough into golf size balls.
- Roll one into a thin disc of around 4-6 inch in diameter.
- Roast this disc on a hot griddle or tawa applying ghee on both sides. Roast till slight golden brown on each side.
- Repeat for rest of the dough balls.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or ground nut chutney. You can store the rest in an airtight container or refrigerate.