My husband carries his lunch box to office mostly. He prefers roti sabji over rice and dal. I was thinking of trying something quick, new and wholesome in one dish which would keep roti or chapati as base.
So, I thought of going ahead with a Chicken Frankie. Enjoy!
- 250-300gms boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips or small pieces
- 4 readymade rotis or chapatis
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 capsicum or green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 capsicum or green pepper, chopped
- few cabbage leaves, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chicken masala
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 egg, beaten (each separate)
- Tomato ketchup, mayonnaise (optional)
- Keep the sliced onion, bell pepper, shredded cabbage aside for garnish later.
- In a pan, heat oil. Once hot, add the cumin seeds.
- When they begin to flutter, saute the onion till soft and golden.
- Then add the ginger-garlic paste and saute till it looses the raw flavor.
- Next add the tomatoes, bell pepper, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, chicken masala and salt. Mix well and cook for 5 min.
- Now add the chicken, mix well and allow to cook covered. The chicken will cook in its own water.
- Once cooked add the chat masala. lemon juice and coriander leaves. Cook further till the water is evaporated and the stuffing is dry.
- Heat a pan, add little butter. Then add one beaten egg and spread it well in circular direction.
- Before it cooks and dries up, drop a roti on top of it. Flip it over and allow the roti to heat up a bit.
- Once the egg is cooked up, remove this egg roti on a plate with egg side facing you.
- Spread a line of the chicken stuffing in the center of the roti.
- Garnish with sliced veggies that were kept aside.
- You may pipe a line each of tomato ketchup and mayonnaise over the stuffing.
- Then roll up the Frankie. Repeat for rest of the rotis and stuffing.