As my husband comes all hungry in the evening from office, I am expected to be ready with some yummy snack item in the evening. Most of the time this does not turn to be so even if I put thinking cap on still no idea pops up and I end up giving him some ready-made chips, muffins, etc along with protein milk.
But some lucky days are such that an idea just strikes like a wave and you end up making a delicious yummy snack even without having thought much or not thought at all. Yesterday evening was one such evening when I was just out of bed after having my evening nap, just washed my face and went into the kitchen. I had some slice bread, very little shredded mozzarella cheese left and some very tiny cherry tomatoes that my aunt had given me from the crop that was grown in her garden. In 5-10 mins I was ready with the chilli cheese toast.
- 4 bread slices
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (If mozzarella is not readily available, then you can also use grated cheese cube or cheese slices cut into thin strips)
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp green chilli, finely chopped
- few sprigs of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- red chilli flakes, pepper powder, salt, herb blend as per taste
- capsicum & minced or grated garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp milk
- Lightly toast and butter the bread slices.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except milk and bread. Check the taste and add accordingly.
- If the mixture is not of spreadable consistency, add little milk.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 F.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the bread slices.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for around 4 mins or till the cheese melts.
- Once done and out of the oven, cut the slices into triangles using pizza cutter.
- Enjoy as is or with tomato ketchup over a cup of hot tea.