Chivda – a mixture of spices, puffed rice and fried nuts, etc. It is enjoyed as a snack with hot cup of tea or munchies and prepared during any festival in India.
- 3 cups of thick flattened rice
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup gram
- 6 green chillies, cut into half and slit lengthwise
- 10-20 curry leaves
- a mixture of salt, sugar, red chilli pwd, turmeric powder and cumin powder as per taste
- oil for deep frying
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Deep fry the flatenned rice till it puffs up and is crispy. (Do not allow them to turn brown).
- Then fry the peanuts, gram, chillies and curry leaves one by one.
- Drain all the fried items on absorbent paper. Allow to cool.
- Mix all the fried items and spice mixture together.
- Check the taste and add necessary spice if required.
- Enjoy the crispy spicy snack.