I understand that most of my posts these days are connected to Johnson’s farm. Being a fading crop this month, blueberry picking was only for recreation purpose.We could pick very few around a cup or half a pound I guess.
So many choices were going on in my mind blueberry sauce or jam or cake or just eat them like a fruit. Finally I decided to bake an eggless blueberry cake. I apologize that I could not take any photos during the batter making process as I baked this cake in a hurry.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar ( you can add 2-4 tbsp more depending on how sweet you need it to be)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup thoroughly washed and paper towel dried blueberries
- Pre-heat oven at 350 F.
- Grease and line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat sugar and oil together till it becomes fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk and yoghurt and beat further till you achieve a smooth consistency.
- In the flour mix, add the blueberries and mix.
- Fold in th dry ingredient blueberry mix into the wet ingredients.
- Put this batter into the greased lined loaf pan and bake for around 55-60 mins or till a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out smooth.
- Allow it to cool for half an hour on a cooling rack.
- Dust some icing sugar over it and slice and serve with tea.