We had been to Johnson’s farm one Saturday for veggie and fruit picking. After enjoying the hay ride and picking, we visited the farm market to check out the fresh produce and bakery.
There they were selling some chips for which few samples were available along with avocado dip and peach salsa sauce. We had picked peaches, so I might plan trying out the peach salsa sauce in future. However, my hubby had a longtime carving for Guacamole – Avocado dip. We came to know that Avocado is good to reduce cholesterol. So I planned to try out Guacamole.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium onion or 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato or 1/2 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1 garlic pod, minced
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- few sprigs of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbspn lime juice
- salt and pepper as per taste
- Cut the avocado and remove the skin and retain the flesh.
- Take a potato masher and mash the avocado flesh.
- To this add all the other ingredients except the coriander leaves and mix well.
- Check the taste and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Store in an airtight container or cover with cling wrap and serve with Nachos or other chips.