Cajun potato is one of the veg starters served in one of the well-known chain outlet in India the barbecue nation. It is one of the most liked dish by many customers.
My husband had never tasted it and I made an attempt to prepare it so that it tasted very close to the one served at barbecue nation.
- around 300-400 gms baby potatoes (approx. 12 potatoes)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- few sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped
- oil for deep-frying
- Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles. While boiling add little salt to the water in the pressure cooker.
- Once the pressure is released, drain the water. Press the potatoes slightly between your palms so that they are smashed a little.
- Arrange them on a plate.
- Make a thick batter of all-purpose flour and cornflour. It should not be too watery. Drizzle this over the potatoes.
- Deep fry these potatoes till slightly brown and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl mix onion, mayo, cream, Cajun spice mix and red chilli powder. Check the taste. I was not required to add any salt as the cajun spice mix was a bit salty already.
- Place the deep-fried potatoes in a serving dish and drizzle the Cajun dressing over it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.