I was in mood to prepare something delicious and healthy. I had some store-bought sprouts. Recently, had come across a video of cutlets. In first attempt, tried it as is as per the video. However, the batter for the cutlet turned out to be of flowing consistency.
So, the next time I prepared with some changes to the original recipe. Posting it below.
- 1 cup of sprouted green gram
- 1 grated boiled potato
- 1-2 cups plain oats
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2-4 green chillies, finely chopped or 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (you can also add red chilli flakes.)
- 1/4 tsp cumin(jeera) powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango (amchur) powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder(Indian curry masala)
- salt as per taste
- coriander leaves, finely chopped
- breadcrumbs for coating
- oil for frying
Tip : Sometimes the green chillies are not hot enough. So you can use red chilli powder or red chilli flakes instead. You can also use a combination of all.
- Grind the sprouted green gram in a mixie with as little water as possible.
- Remove this mixture in a bowl.
- To this add, grated potato, oats (amount will vary depending on achieving consistency of batter to form cutlets), all the spice powders, salt and coriander leaves.
- Check the taste and add salt or seasoning if required.
- Apply oil to your palm and form cutlets of the batter.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in olive oil.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Tip : Sometimes, it is not possible to grind the sprouts to a dry mixture and adding even little water gives a batter of liquid consistency. So to dry it up and convert it to a thick consistency, add bread slices cut into bits (as many slices as required) and you can also add breadcrumbs.