I had got store-bought shredded mozzarella cheese and it decorated my fridge for quite a while. I wanted to prepare something using it. I just saw some bread buns lying in the kitchen too. The first thing that popped in my mind was Domino’s cheese stuff bread sticks.
But I didn’t want the dish to be deep-fried and I was not quite aware about the exact oven settings to bake them. I was in no mood to experiment with the oven settings.
However, I wanted the rest of the ingredients to be such that it could be prepared even without cheese stuffing as my parents have cholesterol issues. So the recipe goes accordingly.
After eating the cheese bread oats pops, the word that popped out of my family’s mouth was “divine”. This recipe will be one of kids favorite. While parents can add all those veggies unliked by their kids in the dough and the kids will eat them under the yummy divine cheese disguise 🙂
- Around 4-5 bread buns ( the buns were slight on the sweeter side so my ingredients depend accordingly)
- 1 packet of quaker oats
- 1 grated boiled potato
- 1/4 capsicum, finely chopped
- few springs of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- green chilli paste or red chilli flakes as per taste (I used 1 tsp of green chilli paste and 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed dry herbs
- salt as per taste
- bread crumbs for coating
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Note : The above ingredients form around 15-20 pops
- Take a bowl of water and soak the bread slice in it. Press the slice in between your palms and drain out the water.
- Crush the wet bread slices.
- To it, add grated potato, oats, pepper powder, salt, green chilli or red chilli flakes, capsicum, dry mixed herbs, coriander leaves. Mix well and form a dough.
- Check the taste and add the seasoning if required.
- Apply oil to your palms. Take little portion of the dough and flatten it on your palm.
- Put a spoonful of grated cheese in the middle of the flattened dough portion and then cover up the cheese filling with same flattened dough portion to form a ball.
- Coat the pops well with breadcrumbs.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough. Keep the balls in the freezer for around 10-15min.
- Heat an appe pan with 1-2 drops of oil in each hole. Drop one pop ball in each hole.
- Fry on all sides till golden brown.
- Serve them hot as is or with sauce.
Note : For my parents, I prepared without the cheese stuffing and still they tasted yummy. You can also add some more of your favorite and even unliked vegetables.