My parents are here and so we were planning a long weekend getaway trip. My mum is 95% vegetarian and prefers eggless even with regards to cakes. So I decided to try something different still maintaining my family liking. So decided to explore the zebra cake.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vinegar or lime/lemon juice
- Sift all purpose flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix milk, vinegar, sugar, oil. You can increase the amount of powdered sugar based on the sweetness you prefer.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two parts and mix well.
- Divide the batter into two equal halves.
- Sift cocoa powder in one of the batter bowls and mix well.
- Grease a cake tin and dust it with flour.(Remove the excess flour).
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- Spoon two tsbp full of plain batter in the center of the tin. Do not try to spread the batter in the tin. Straight away spoon two tbsp full of chocolate mixture on top of it. Continue doing this till all the mixture has been used. You end with lots of alternate rings in the tin.
- Bake the cake for 35 mins or till a toothpick comes out clean when pierced in the center of the cake.