I had never bought this vegetable before nor had tasted it. But my husband told me that one of his colleague had prepared a sauce dip for chips using avocado and it did taste yumm!!
A few weeks back we were visiting one of our friends on the occasion of her daughter’s birthday and she too had prepared an avocado dip but it was different from the one my husband described. The dip my friend had prepared was also awesome. After my small research I concluded that the dip my husband was speaking about was Guacamole. I decided that I should try one of these dips sooner and so bought an avocado. But as it stayed in my kitchen for a day or two, it became ripe. So what next??
I had come across an ice cream preparation video on Facebook lately. Its summer here so decided that I should surely aim for Avocado ice cream. It turned out to be too good.
- 1/2 avocado fruit flesh
- 400 ml sweetened milk (condensed milk)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups (around 500 ml) heavy cream
- Blend together avocado flesh, milk, salt and lemon juice till smooth. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream till stiff peaks are formed.
- Add half of the whipped cream to the avocado mixture and fold till mixed well.
- Add remaining cream to this mixture and fold again till mixed well.
- Transfer to a glass dish or loaf pan and allow to set in refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight. Cover container with a cling wrap so that no ice is formed directly on the ice cream.